Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 2




     I slept in this morning to get past the jet lag and rest up before my long week here. When I finally did get up i decided to go nearby to the unbelievable Victoria Falls. It is the highest waterfall in the world at 108m or 360 feet. On the bus trip there i got see some more of the forestry and some of the wildlife. When I arrived I paid the $10 entry fee and then the guide advised me on the best things to do. One of his suggestions was crossing the footbridge above the waterfall to the buttress called Knife's Peak. After observing from where I was for awhile then to get some better pictures I crossed the footbridge. I felt a little unsafe as the water rushed beneath me but once I crossed to the other side i realized it was worth it. The view was far better from this side and you really got a feel for how powerful and high this waterfall. When it started getting dark I decided it was better to return the safer side and prepare to leave. I visited the on-site restraunt to get a quick meal of thick nshima or a porridge like meal accompanied by dried fish for $6 before heading back to my hotel.




No comments:

Post a Comment