Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 6

     Today I started travelling back to toward Lusaka to be closer to the airport but I wanted to see more of the exotic animals that I hadn't seen in the national park. In my tourism book I noticed a place called Kalimba Reptile Park that was just a few miles northeast of Lusaka and only a short distance from the airport. I decided this would be a great way to see the exotic reptiles that are native to Africa. I paid an entry fee of $15 then continued to the exhibits. Some of the venomous ones like the black mamba and the puff adder were kept in enclosures behind glass walls to avoid children and even adults from being bitten. They had an on-site clinic just in case someone was bitten but I felt very safe throughout the venomous and even the less restrained non-venomous section. In the non-venomous section I saw a variety of the largest snakes anywhere in the world, like the boa constrictor, several pythons, and anacondas. I also saw several large crocodiles who were quite menacing. I then went to the braii grill and had a crocodile burger for $7. Then I back to Arcades shopping center to the hotel I had previously stayed in, Protea Hotel for $188, then went to bed to prepare for my short day then my very long flight.



No comments:

Post a Comment